Certified Mold Testing NJ, LLC | NJ Mold Inspector
When you suspect that mold may be present in your home, whether you have seen it or not, it is important to have your home tested for mold. Mold in homes is a big deal, the question is how does one test for mold? An experienced mold testing service in Mahwah or Bergen County New Jersey can help ensure accuracy in locating the presence of mold. A certified mold inspector will use at least one, if not all, types of testing while mold testing Bergen County NJ.
There are four (4) main types of testing: air testing, surface testing, bulk testing, and culture testing.
- Air testing involves the examination of samples from the air in your home, examining under a microscope to see whether or not mold spores are present. The mold spores in the air are invisible and this type of testing can reveal mold that is not visible otherwise.
- Surface testing involves taking samples from a variety of surfaces throughout a home. These samples are collected primarily by swabbing and tape lifting. The samples are then examined in a laboratory.
- Bulk testing is done by collecting larger samples from a home, including portions of drywall, carpet, wood trim, or wallpaper. These samples will be taken to a laboratory where the mold particles can be thoroughly examined under a microscope. This kind of testing can determine the amount of concentration of mold particles in your home.
- Culture testing takes mold found in your home and places it in a culture dish in a lab where it can grow. This allows you to find out the species of mold as well as whether the mold in your home is alive or not. While dead mold will not spread it has the capability of causing allergies and/or health issues.
Mold testing Bergen County NJ enables a homeowner to determine whether mold is present in the home as well as what type of mold exists. Mold has a way of hiding and testing can reveal where mold exists as well as its concentration. Often one type of testing is initiated and leads to further testing to reveal the details. A thorough testing for mold in your home is important before locating mold and again after remediation to ensure that mold is eradicated from your home. If you suspect mold is present in your home it is important for your health to enlist the services of a mold testing service.
We Test For Mold In NJ In The Following Counties:
- Hudson County New Jersey Mold Testing
- Morris County New Jersey Mold Testing
- Sussex County New Jersey Mold Testing
- Union County New Jersey Mold Testing
- Bergen County New Jersey Mold Testing
- Essex County New Jersey Mold Testing
- Passaic County New Jersey Mold Testing
- Orange County New York Mold Testing
- Rockland County New York Mold Testing